SubjectRe: The tainted message
Keith, I apologize for my rash words.  I clicked send before I cooled
down, and I should know better. I care a lot about my work. I am
sorry.

On Sat, 2002-04-27 at 20:41, Keith Owens wrote:
> On 27 Apr 2002 20:27:07 -0500,
> Richard Thrapp <rthrapp@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >On Sat, 2002-04-27 at 19:27, Keith Owens wrote:
> That is one of the many costs you have to bear for shipping binary only
> modules. I am not going to make life easier for you. In your original
> message to me you made no mention of the fact that you are shipping
> binary only modules, if I had know that in advance I would not have
> tried to help you, now you have no credibility with me.

I thought it was pretty obvious that I was shipping a non-GPL module
(not binary-only). But that is not my only interest. I have given time
and thought to many open source projects. I genuinely wanted a more
informative error message.

> >At the very least, -please- change the verb tense of the message to be
> >correct. That will at least eliminate the "module doesn't load" bug
> >reports (I hope).
>
> The verb tense is correct. The message is issued before the module is
> loaded and descibes what is about to occur.

From the point of view of the user, who sees the message after the
module is loaded, it is incorrect and implies that the module wasn't
loaded.

-- Richard Thrapp

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.065 / U:0.276 seconds]