SubjectRe: 2.5.9 -- OOPS in IDE code (symbolic dump and boot log included)
Uz.ytkownik Jens Axboe napisa?:
> On Wed, Apr 24 2002, Martin Dalecki wrote:

>>OK I assume that the oops happens inside the ide-scsi module.
>>This will be fixed in one of the forthcomming patch sets.
>

> Are you sure this isn't just due to ->special being set, and
> ide_end_request() assuming it's an ar? From ide-cd, that is.

Yes I know it's all the same. However unfortunately
it's *not easy* to back out the ->special use from
the drivers that do it. We have the following sutuation:

1. Generic BIO code checking for ->special and deciding whatever
it should trying to merge request or not.

2. Gneric ATA code setting ->special for ata_request passing.

3. CD-ROM ATAPI code using ->special for passing packet commands
and failed commands.

4. ide-scsi using it for the same purspose as CD-ROM

5. ide-floppy not using it at all buf abusing the ->buffer member
for precisely the same purpose.

And unfortunately there is *no* easy solution for any of the
above circumstances without breaking far too many things.

The conclusion simply is: unless the above issues are fixed
the TCQ stuff has simply to be backed out again anbd live
separately from the main code chain. :-(.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.057 / U:0.004 seconds]