SubjectAW: Re: AW: Re: VLAN and Network Drivers 2.4.x

Oh. Even in 2.4 ?

> Someone should walk over all the drivers that are known to not
> work currently with VLAN and for them to set the
> NETIF_F_VLAN_CHALLENGED flag.

That's a good idea. So vconfig could check, if its possible to create a VLAN on top of such a driver - and issue a message if not.

> Another idea, is to do the opposite, set that flag by default and
> clear it in drivers that we know it works.

It depends - if all drivers must be changed or just those, who support VLAN. I tend to a solution where just the VLAN-capable drivers should be changed.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.104 / U:4.716 seconds]