    SubjectRe: BK, deltas, snapshots and fate of -pre...
    On Monday 22 April 2002 22:53, Doug Ledford wrote:
    > On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 10:29:19PM +0200, Daniel Phillips wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Yes. Why should I have to cut and paste (assuming I'm in X) or
    > > > write down
    > >
    > > What??? What kind of system are you running? Err... redhat supports
    > > cut and paste I thought. <-- funnny.
    > Depends on what you use to read the file containing the URL. Obviously,
    > if I'm Al Viro I'm on a text console and wouldn't use a mouse if you
    > cemented it in my hand, so cut and paste isn't an option.

    Would everybody with no mouse on their system please stand up, and leave
    the room.

    Seriously, you're trolling.

    > > > and transpose some URL from a file that used to contain
    > > > the exact instructions I need in order to get those instructions now
    > >
    > > Bogus. You'd have to do the same to edit/list the file.
    > No, I wouldn't. In one case I would do "less <filename>" and in the other
    > case I would do "less <filename>", ohh damn, it's only a pointer to the
    > real docs, switch to X or install lynx on my system, go to URL. It's a
    > matter of having the appropriate documentation at hand vs. having to
    > retrieve it.

    lynx <url>

    What's the difference?

    > I put my docs on my web site because that's what I owned/controlled and it
    > was relevant to people already coming to my web site. That in no way
    > indicates that your position is correct, especially since you ignored to
    > truly relevant item in my email:

    I'm actually trying to do a little work as well as handle all the input
    from the Bitkeeper moonies, thankyou.

    Err, did I say moonies, sorry I meant advocates, err, apologists, umm.
    Sorry, I just meant I've been getting a lot of email lately, some of it
    is too long to read every word. Unless you are a spectacularly good
    writer, expect some of your deathless prose to drop through the cracks.

    > > > information so that the whole picture, from start to finish, was all
    > > > described in one easy to access place.
    > One place for relevant information, from start to finish.

    Right., any argument?

    > > You haven't read the thread closely, this was described before. There are
    > > one documentation file and three scripts. The documentation file is about
    > > half general description of Bitkeeper - which is quite unabashedly
    > > promotional and the author does describe it as an adverisement - and half
    > > how to use for submitting kernel patches.
    > Now, now Daniel, let's not put words into people's mouths. Jeff has said
    > he does like BitKeeper, and he said he could *see how you think his
    > description is an advertisement* but that he *didn't write it as an
    > advertisement*.

    He agreed it was an advertisement.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.030 / U:0.160 seconds]