    SubjectRe: BK, deltas, snapshots and fate of -pre...

    Ian Molton wrote:

    > what I /do/ appreciate is that by including directions to proprietary tools
    > in the docs, we are heading down a greased incline, so to speak.
    > Extreme example:
    > Include docs on 'how to avoid a pesky kernel compile' that teach how to
    > install windows, not linux because its an 'all in one' install with 'no
    > hassle'...

    Come on, it's not like suddenly all the people who contribute to linux
    are going to become blind and fall down the slippery slope. Slippery
    slope arguments only work in academic debates, the real world is much too
    complex and robust to be susceptible, especially in the long term.

    There's bugs to fix and features to add. The day they are not accepted
    because of your patch format, then we can take appropriate action.

    Ben Greear <> <Ben_Greear AT>
    President of Candela Technologies Inc

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.025 / U:8.076 seconds]