    SubjectRe: BK, deltas, snapshots and fate of -pre...
    David S. Miller Awoke this dragon, who will now respond:

    > From: Ian Molton <>
    > Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 05:31:43 +0100

    > Sure, except no-one cares about this point.
    > the documentation is the 'sticky wicket'...
    > Incorrect. The argument for the documentation was that it along with
    > other things wrt. BK create some "barrier to entry" for Linux kernel
    > development and almost force someone to use BK. That someone just
    > submitting patches is somehow "left out".
    > Al is showing that these claims are not well founded at all.

    I take it as blatently obvious that BK isnt a barrier to entry, as the old
    methods still work fine.

    what I /do/ appreciate is that by including directions to proprietary tools
    in the docs, we are heading down a greased incline, so to speak.

    Extreme example:

    Include docs on 'how to avoid a pesky kernel compile' that teach how to
    install windows, not linux because its an 'all in one' install with 'no

    see how many people compile their own kernels afer that...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.022 / U:15.468 seconds]