    SubjectRe: Screen corruption in 2.4.18
    Hi,

    I have an i840 motherboard with dual 733 MHz PIIIs and a Matrox G400
    MAX, and I am also seeing console corruption with 2.4.18. The difference
    with me is that I *only* see it when I am using xine (CVS) and the
    SyncFB video plugin, possibly the Xv video plugin sometimes too. When I
    kill xine, the regular multicoloured rectangle disappears from the console.

    Obviously, this isn't something that I would normally notice - I
    wouldn't have noticed at all if the CVS xine hadn't locked up on me in
    full-screen mode, forcing me to turn to a console to kill it.

    A few other things:
    - since I have about 1.25 GB of RAM, I have enabled a 256 MB AGP aperture.
    - I am using XFree86 4.2, but with the mga.o module that is native to
    Linux 2.4.18. I have not installed the Matrox HAL X module.

    Whatever is causing this console corruption, it doesn't seem to be a VIA
    bug (in my case, anyway).

    Chris

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.021 / U:32.936 seconds]