    SubjectRe: 12 way dbench analysis: 2.5.9, dalloc and fastwalkdcache

    Hi Hanna,

    > Thanks Anton for running this. The data on your website will be very
    > useful to me. I fixed one problem and put the patch up on sourceforge.
    > undo_locked() called dget() while holding the dcache_lock instead of
    > dget_locked() which is designed to be called with the dcache_lock
    > held.
    > This patch is against 2.5.8 at:
    > However, I recently found a deadlock that no one else has been able
    > to reproduce. Could you try doing a find on /proc and tell me if it
    > deadlocks?

    Indeed that does deadlock, I'll give the new patch a go (with Pauls
    undo_locked suggestion). I did get a dcache BUG() when I tried an SDET
    run (lost the details unfortunately) but I'll try to reproduce it with
    this patch.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.021 / U:10.356 seconds]