SubjectRe: severe slowdown with 2.4 series w/heavy disk access (revisited)
To clear up some potential confusion, the problems I'm talking about are NOT
related to the (erroneous) memory-related questions in the thread I pointed at.
It is the slowdowns which bother me, not the fact that the system 'uses up all
memory' (which is a good thing (tm)). Read a bit further into the thread and
you'll end up here:

http://hypermail.spyroid.com/linux-kernel/archived/2001/week52/0309.html

quote Alan Cox: "The free behaviour is correct (free memory is wasted memory).
The delays are obviously not"

That's why I'm asking these questions. The delays should not be there, but they
are, reproducible, over many different kernels and with several filesystems.

Cheers//Frank
[ Moving to Sweden, looking for a project/job in Västra Götaland... ]
--
## o o\ / Frank de Lange \

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.034 / U:8.536 seconds]