    SubjectRe: link() security
    Scribbling feverishly on April 15, H. Peter Anvin managed to emit:

    [schnip]

    > The point was mostly that storing mail in a (basically) unstructured
    > flat-file format isn't really consistent with the operations you want to
    > perform on it. I didn't mean the directory/file format was necessarily
    > the ultimate solution, only that (a) it works better than mbox, (b) it's
    > been around for a long time.

    [nod]

    I suppose it made sense back when we made our 1s and 0s by hand, but
    whoever (would dare) take credit for "designing" the UNIX mbox "format"
    needs a remedial course if file format design.

    Are you ever going to do the dishes? Or will you change your major to biology?