SubjectRe: Memory Leaking. Help!
On Sun, 14 Apr 2002, Alan Cox wrote:

> > 10 Days ago I installed DNS and DHCPd servers from RedHat and noticed that
> > "top" shows the amount of consumed memory is slowly and constantly
> > growing. Machine became unstable and a few users complained that their
> > files disappeared. ( we have good backup ). I re-booted 4 days ago and now
> > it looks it is doing it again. Could this be BIND?
>
> Wildly improbable. Slow shifts in memory usage occur naturally so don't be
> totally mislead by it. Named for example will grow and shrink over time
> according to what it has cached and what people asked for.

But it took half of my swap (4GB) as well. A bit too much
for a little bind. How to explain this?

--

There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as
easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no

Ivan Teliatnikov,
F05 David Edgeworth Building,
Department of Geology and Geophysics,
School of Geosciences,