SubjectRAID between ide and scsi problem
Hi,

I have a problem booting a raid pair between a ide and scsi partitions.

When booting the system the md driver comes in and tells me it can find
for example the hda2 device but not the corresponding sda2 device
and as a consequence continues in degraded mode. If I'm correct this
happens just after the hda partitons are scanned.
Later on the scsi driver comes in to play and finds the sda device.
After booting the systems runs in degraded mode, but I see the scsi disk.
Using raidhotadd I can bring the md to a normal state, but at the
next reboot the same problem occurs and the system is started in degraded
mode again.

It looks as linux finds the ide disk (and the raid partions on it), runs
the md driver that figures the pair needs a partition on a different
(scsi) drive but this drive is not yet detected as the scsi init code
has not run yet...

Building raid on two ide disks works just fine as does running it on
two scsi disks.

Is a raid combination on ide/scsi supported?

PS: shouldn't the kernel detect afterwards that the scsi drive becomes
available and start syncing the disks?

-Marcel