SubjectRe: The process of NFS mounting?

nfs@lists.sourceforge.net might be a reasonable alternative.

> Basically I want to understand the process of NFS mounting
> in terms of network activity and transactions from client
> to server.

use ethereal to watch what actually happens on the wire...

> From my understanding basically the client requests the mountd
> port from the servers portmapper.
>
> Then the client talks to mountd
>
> etc etc etc..
>
> Well the problem I have is that it seems that mountd is trying to
> establish a new UDP connection (yeah yeah i know...) to the mount
^^^^^^^ Not sure what you know...
> client process. Is this what is supposed to happen?

Maybe if you try to explain your difficulty more clearly we might be
able to help. Try explaining exactly what you think happens and
exactly why you doubt that that is correct..

You may well find yourself answering your own qujestion :-)

NeilBrown

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.133 / U:0.024 seconds]