    SubjectRe: linux as a minicomputer ?

    > > Many many moons ago, the GGI project promised us the ability to buy a
    > > four-processor box, four PCI video cards, four USB mice & keyboards, and
    > > let four people use that machine at once, with benefits all around.
    > >
    > "Benefits all around?" Such a machine would be slower and more
    > expensive than four single processor boxes, so what's the point?

    Not with the right hardware combinations. The four processors is over
    kill. I have a multi-desktop system that is dual and it is plenty of
    power. With a regular machine just put in two matrox g450 cards and enable
    dual head support. Attach 3 extra USB keyboards and 3 USB mice and you
    are ready to go. With purpore kernel support of course. So the cost is
    no longer a issue.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.026 / U:0.060 seconds]