SubjectRe: Oops in emu10k1 driver
On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Adam Huffman wrote:

Hi,

First of all, which kernel are you using?
I believe I already fixed this bug in CVS but I haven't
received any confirmation. Can you give it a try?
You can get the CVS repository at:

http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=44773

Then edit the config file and point it to your kernel source,
make, make install. That should be it.

Otherwise (when I get your kernel version) I can send you a
patch to try out.

Rui Sousa

> On Mon, 01 Apr 2002, Alan Cox wrote:
>
> > > VMware died when I put an audio CD into my DVD drive. I wouldn't have
> > > mentioned it here but for the fact that there was an Oops and when
> > > decoded it pointed to the emu10k1 driver:
> >
> > Yes but we don't know what vmware has been doing. Please try the same thing
> > a few times without vmware running
> >
> > > kernel BUG at audio.c:1474!
> > > invalid operand: 0000
> >

> > This one does look like a real bug in the emu10k driver, rather than a
> > vmware caused funny
>
> Haven't been able to reproduce it with the VMware modules removed.
> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.074 / U:3.960 seconds]