    SubjectRe: LFS support for smbfs in 2.5, and other improvements
    On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Mike Fedyk wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I noticed that LFS support has made it into 2.5, but it's not on the status
    > list (
    > IIRC there were some plans to add oplock support to smbfs (newbie alert:
    > linux smb client, oplocks are already in samba server). Maybe that should
    > be tracked on the status too.

    Using the terminology from the status page I guess this could be the smbfs

    Alpha smbfs: I/O rewrite, smbiod
    Alpha smbfs: Fcntl locking + smb oplock support
    Alpha smbfs: smbconnect for better fstab integration
    Planning smbfs: Readahead support (async readpage/writepage)
    Planning smbfs: Read/Write request merging

    But won't the list become very long if every little driver included all
    the planned changes? Not my problem I guess ...

    Also I don't know if any of this will be ready to be merged within the 6
    month limit mentioned in one of the early announcements.

    Regarding the updated statuspage, it isn't the "Samba filesystem", it is
    the SMB filesystem (usually smbfs, SMBFS, SMBfs and possibly other

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.022 / U:2.412 seconds]