SubjectRe: LFS support for smbfs in 2.5, and other improvements
On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Mike Fedyk wrote:

> Hi,
> I noticed that LFS support has made it into 2.5, but it's not on the status
> list (
> IIRC there were some plans to add oplock support to smbfs (newbie alert:
> linux smb client, oplocks are already in samba server). Maybe that should
> be tracked on the status too.

Using the terminology from the status page I guess this could be the smbfs

Alpha smbfs: I/O rewrite, smbiod
Alpha smbfs: Fcntl locking + smb oplock support
Alpha smbfs: smbconnect for better fstab integration
Planning smbfs: Readahead support (async readpage/writepage)
Planning smbfs: Read/Write request merging

But won't the list become very long if every little driver included all
the planned changes? Not my problem I guess ...

Also I don't know if any of this will be ready to be merged within the 6
month limit mentioned in one of the early announcements.

Regarding the updated statuspage, it isn't the "Samba filesystem", it is
the SMB filesystem (usually smbfs, SMBFS, SMBfs and possibly other