SubjectRe: Kernel SCM: When does CVS fall down where it REALLY matters?
On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Jonathan A. George wrote:

> I am considering adding some enhancements to CVS to address deficiencies
> which adversely affect my productivity.

> ... I would like to know what the Bitkeeper users consider the minimum
> acceptable set of improvements that CVS would require for broader
> acceptance.

1) working merges

2) atomic checkins of entire patches, fast tags

3) graphical 2-way merging tool like bitkeeper has
(this might not seem essential to people who have
never used it, but it has saved me many many hours)

4) distributed repositories

5) ability to exchange changesets by email

regards,

Rik
--
<insert bitkeeper endorsement here>