SubjectRe: ACL support
On Mar 07, 2002  15:58 -0500, pelletierma@netscape.net wrote:
> something clear: I'm not out to compete with the bestbit implementation of
> ACLs over extended file attributes. :-)
>
> What I am offering is an alternative implementation of ACL support at the
> VFS level, that remains independent of filesystem support for ACLs.

Then you must not have looked at the bestbits.at code at all. It includes
a generic VFS interface for EAs and ACLs. There are ext2, ext3, and XFS
codes which work with this VFS interface.

Some people have had complaints about the bestbits VFS interface, and
another one for people to look at is never a bad thing.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger \ "If a man ate a pound of pasta and a pound of antipasto,
\ would they cancel out, leaving him still hungry?"