    SubjectRe: Petition Against Official Endorsement of BitKeeper by Linux Maintainers
    On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Cort Dougan wrote:

    > We're here to discuss kernel development, right? Not debate software
    > ideologies.
    >
    > I move the PPC tree over to BitKeeper and it was worthwhile.

    The development speed and code quality of -rmap have also gone
    up as a consequence of moving over to bitkeeper.

    Merging patches up to a new version of the kernel has gone from
    tiring (with patch and vi) to almost relaxing (with bitkeeper's
    automatic and graphical 2-way merge tools)...

    This in turn has allowed me to spend my time and energy on
    improving the code, without having to fear large patches and
    the maintenance those require.

    regards,

    Rik
    --