SubjectRe: Petition Against Official Endorsement of BitKeeper by Linux Maintainers
> Then I'd really like to see scripts to make it easy to go from
> $YOUR_FAVORITE_SCM -> patch -> BK, while keeping important metadata, like,
> oh, say, comments.

We already have an interface for this, Linus asked for it. It will be in
the next release and it is in the download/test release. You import your
patch and then stomp on the default comments with a comments file in the
format below. If this isn't what you had in mind, let me know.

--lm

bk comments(1) BitKeeper User's Manual bk comments(1)

NAME
bk comments - change checkin comments

SYNOPSIS
[-Y<file>] [file ...] [-]

DESCRIPTION
The comments command changes the stored comments for a
revision controlled file. The comments may be specified
on the command line, or if they are not, you will be
placed in your editor to type in the comments.

If given - for a file argument, then comments will read a
list of files and comments to be edited in batch. The
format is like:

### Comments for file.c|1.23
this is a sample comment
### Comments for file2.h|1.2.3.4