    SubjectRe: Monolithic Vs. Microkernel
    Hi!

    > > Not *all* of them. On vsta, you could do
    > >
    > > ( killall keyboard; sleep 1; keyboard ) &
    > >
    > > to change your keymap. On linux you need special tools for managing
    > > modules and are not protected from module bugs. Try developing filesystem
    > > on production box.... You can do that on u-kernels.
    >
    > Userland filesystems != microkernel.

    Yep, but microkernel => userland filesystems ;-). Anyway, they *can*
    do things linux can't do (or linux has hard time with), like
    partitioning physical machine into few logical ones, filesystems in
    userland, ability to debug drivers on production machines, etc.

    I like those features, but I'm not sure if costs introduced by
    u-kernels are worth it.
    Pavel
    --
    (about SSSCA) "I don't say this lightly. However, I really think that the U.S.
    no longer is classifiable as a democracy, but rather as a plutocracy." --hpa