SubjectRe: Petition Against Official Endorsement of BitKeeper by Linux Maintainers
On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, The Open Source Club at The Ohio State University wrote:

> Petition Against Official Endorsement of BitKeeper by Linux Maintainers
>
> We, the undersigned members and officers of the Open Source Club at
> the Ohio State University, are unhappy with the advocacy of the
> proprietary[1] BitKeeper software for use in maintaining the Linux
> kernel.

Maybe I'll take you seriously after you've written something
better than bitkeeper that is free software.

Currently bitkeeper is saving kernel hackers many hours of
work and is benefitting kernel development a lot.

You won't get me to stop using a good tool that is speeding
up my development and saving me lots of frustration. OTOH,
if you have a free software alternative to bitkeeper that
comes close in functionality, I might be willing to look
into it.

Until then, the choice between a not-quite-free tool and no
useful tool at all is easy.

regards,

Rik
--
"Linux holds advantages over the single-vendor commercial OS"
-- Microsoft's "Competing with Linux" document