SubjectRe: a faster way to gettimeofday?

dean> ingo started the proper work for this, for example, see:
dean> <>
dean> (there's a documentation file near the bottom of the patch)
dean> but it doesn't appear to support gettimeofday via rdtsc yet.

Interesting patch; when last I looked, vsyscalls were only being
implemented on the new 64-bit architectures.

Does this patch break binary compatibility? I seem to recall that being
Andrea's reason for not running vsyscalls on standard x86 back in August
last year.

- Chris.
$a=""; Chris Ball | chris@void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a
"In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded."