SubjectRe: Q:Shared IRQ
>  I get not only my interrupts, but also the interrupts of the shared
> device, namely the network card. Is this what I should expect? If I

Yes.

> get a notification for the network card, why is the dev_id the same as
> what I passed? If I didn't have an interrupt pending bit on my
> hardware, how would I distinguish between the interrupts?

If you don't have an interrupt pending bit you are probably completely screwed.
PCI assumes you can tell if you caused the interrupt or you can service events
even if not needed (which basically comes down to the same thing).

Only your driver knows if you are a possible IRQ cause, its up to you to
handle it

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.466 / U:0.164 seconds]