Subjectinterrupt - spin lock question
I have a question related to spin locking on UP systems.Before that I would
like to point out my understanding of the background stuff
1. spinlocks shud be used in intr handlers
2. interrupts can preempt kernel code
3. spinlocks are turned to empty when kernel is compiled without SMP support.

If a particular driver is running( not the intr handler part) and at this time
an interrupt occurs. The handler has to be invoked now. Won't the preemption
cause race conditions/inconsistencies? Is any other mechanism used?
Pl correct me if I have not understood any part of this correctly
-sridhar

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:21    [W:0.070 / U:0.060 seconds]