SubjectRe: [RFC] Arch option to touch newly allocated pages
> hpa@zytor.com said:
> > So why, then, phrase this as a feature request???
>
> Because it requires a hook in the generic kernel allocator that UML can
> use to make sure that all allocated pages are backed on the host.

At the point you actually allocate pages they are being allocated. No hook
is needed. You seem to misunderstand the way the allocation works - we
allocate address space not memory in things like mmap. We allocate pages
on demand when referenced. The page allocator is only called after a page
is referenced

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.146 / U:0.024 seconds]