    SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.x, ThinkPad T23 and HW?!

    --On Friday, 01 March, 2002 12:39 AM +0100 Arnvid Karstad
    <> wrote:

    > I just recieved an new laptop, an IBM ThinkPad T23 and it seems I cannot
    > run the os of my choice on it.. Well almost not.. ;-)
    > The strange thing is, almost none of these come up as
    > "known" devices from /proc/pci or lspci.

    This just means their ID's are missing from some text file. This
    should not impede drivers from recognizing them. If you are bothered,
    send code :-)

    > I also noticed that the IBM
    > Wireless adapter, which is actually a prism2 (?) card, are mysteriously
    > detected as an device created by "Harris Semiconductor"

    Both correct

    > and it won't even
    > try to let me access the card. I think I've tried every driver in the
    > Kernel 2.4.18 now.

    Well I think the giveaway here might be:

    > I tried the Wlan-NG drivers but they didn't seem to work out as
    > planned either...

    Either your IBM's wireless LAN is dead (does it work under
    Windows?) or perhaps you forgot to associate
    the card:

    > Prism2 card SN: 124112003411
    > p80211knetdev_hard_start_xmit: Tx attempt prior to association,
    > frame dropped.

    looks like it - try:
    /sbin/wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_autojoin ssid='' authtype=opensystem

    with the wlan-ng drivers and see if that fixes it.

    I haven't got the kernel drivers working yet (laziness) but
    I'm sure they will work just fine if wlan-ng works.

    You might or might not find

    Alex Bligh

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.025 / U:36.480 seconds]