SubjectRe: Possible problems with D-LINK DFE-550TX (stock sundance driver) under 2.4.18
* Dieter N?tzel (Dieter.Nuetzel@hamburg.de) wrote:

> > > On "newer" Athlon XP (Duron, Athlon Thoroughbred) L5-4 bridge have to be
> > > closed.
> >
> > You don't for a minute think that there might be a reason that bridge
> > got broken at the factory ? *sigh*, we've been through this topic
> > before, I'm tired of arguing it.
>
> Sure, but some wise men said, "there is nothing that simple on this planet".
> Some Athlon XP/MP are "broken", so they were labeled as XPs.
> In the other case it's simple marketing and business (earning more money).
> You can only argue about the distribution. But your are right, I won't do
> that. I only want to be sure that David didn't have one of the old XPs.
>
> -Dieter

Please, do we have to go on about the merits of Athlon XP systems in MP
configurations ?? 1) your wrong about the bridges, it only affects iirc
the new XP2000+ chips, 2) is it /REALLY/ the issue ?? i do not think so.

However, I am very happy to report that the system has just done it
again. I can't give any further details yet, although i am just going
over to pay a visit to the box and do some more investigations.

FYI, we have two of these boxes with the same hardware / kernel
configuration. Two of them have now shown the same problem (eth0
timeouts). Including having maxcpus=1 set.

Could this perhaps be a driver issue after all ?

Many Thanks

Dave

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:3.053 / U:0.688 seconds]