    SubjectRe: Creating a per-task kernel space for kmap, user pagetables, et al
    On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 11:00:02PM +0100, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
    > But it is much faster to keep the kernel stack always in 4M global
    > tlbs, thus I don't think we need to change that in 2.5. (also USB was
    > used to do dma in the kernel stack, not sure if they changed it
    > recently)

    Hopefully all instances of the USB code doing that have now been fixed.
    If anyone sees any USB code that uses the kernel stack for USB
    transfers, please let me know so it can be fixed.

    We (the USB group) have always known that this is a bug in our code, so
    don't feel you can't change things just because the USB code might be
    broken by it :)

    thanks,

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.022 / U:2.028 seconds]