SubjectRe: Network Security hole (was -> Re: arp bug )

Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:

> > My general contention is that the system should, by default, behave as
> > non-experts would expect, but this might be a point where we can't
> > agree.
>
> It does 8) You plug it into the network, you select the defaults in the
> installation menu, you run mozilla and up comes a web site. Anything beyond
> that is not non-expert.

Heh.

I can't say we agree here, but kudos to you for having a sense of
humor about these kind of things. It's refreshing.

> If you want to go into the innards of the routing/arp stuff you might want
> to move this to netdev@oss.sgi.com - thats the network folks list and many
> of them don't read linux-kernel.

I will, thanks much.

--
Erich Stefan Boleyn <erich@uruk.org> http://www.uruk.org/
"Reality is truly stranger than fiction; Probably why fiction is so popular"