SubjectRe: Bitkeeper licence issues
> I hate to jump in here (really I do) but 'a' probably happens alot.  All
> of the recommended locations are system directories. As for 'b' and
> 'c', I think those are considered trivial things to do, since this would
> be a relativly easy thing to expliot (search some of the security list
> archives, this isn't quite as easy as the buffer overflow on x86
> problem, but still trivial).

'c' is a piece of cake. People wrote tools using directory notifiers that
do nothing but try and subvert every /tmp/ file as it appears. Neat and
novel [ab]use of it.

This is however a kernel list. Security notifications ought to go to the
vendor and if they dont respond after a while to bugtraq where it would
be on topic and score you leetness bonuses

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.096 / U:30.864 seconds]