    SubjectRe: Bitkeeper licence issues

    > > > Pavel, the problem here is your fundamental distrust.
    > > By giving me binary-only installer you ask me to trust you. You ask me
    > > to trust you without good reason [it only generates .tar.gz and
    > > shellscript, why should it be binary? Was not shar designed to handle
    > > that?], and that's pretty suspect.
    > Bitmover doing anything remotely suspect in an executable installer
    > would be commercial suicide, do you distrust realplayer too?

    Actually, the installer contains security hole allowing any user to
    overwrite any file on system if you install it as root with simple
    symlink. [Its easy to fix, and I hope they fix it in next version.]

    Do you see why I hate binary installers, now?
    (about SSSCA) "I don't say this lightly. However, I really think that the U.S.
    no longer is classifiable as a democracy, but rather as a plutocracy." --hpa

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.021 / U:0.092 seconds]