SubjectRe: Bitkeeper licence issues
On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 04:31:55PM -0700, yodaiken@fsmlabs.com wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 08:08:24PM -0300, Rik van Riel wrote:
> > On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Alan Cox wrote:
> >
> > > Hans Reiser's team of Russian wizards is simply a couple of years ahead
> > > of everyone else moving all real software development to the czech
> > > republic and india,
> >
> > Hey, don't forget about Brazil ;)
>
> Or New Mexico. Third world software development wins again!

I think that there is lots to be said about moving out of silicon valley,
I personally don't like it here that all much. On the other hand,
it is extremely cool that there is such a high concentration of smart
people within 30 minutes of my house. What I'd like to see is a migration
out of silly valley but to somewhere else. I.e., pockets of smart people
working together. Face time with smart people is fun, if you get a chance
to do it, you know what I mean.
--
---