    SubjectRe: Problems using new Linux-2.4 bitkeeper repository.
    On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 06:34:29PM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:

    > lm@bitmover.com said:
    > > Then you get to save them as diffs, unedit the files, and put them
    > > back after the merge.
    >
    > I can do better than that. If I save them as diffs, I don't get to use your
    > cute merge tools. I could commit them with a throwaway changelog, do the
    > pull and use the merge tools, then copy the resulting files, undo both the
    > pull and the previous merge, do the pull again and then lock the files and
    > drop the previously-saved copies into place.

    Well, what we're doing in PPC-land is we've got one tree, 'linuxppc-2.5'
    which is linux-2.5 + for-linus-ppc* trees + hacks/fixes for current
    problems. So when we do any work you make a clone of a linux-2.5 tree
    to work in, a clone of the linuxppc-2.5 tree (to pull your work tree
    into and then test). Once things are good in the linux-2.5-work tree,
    you pull that into a for-linus tree and tell linus to merge that.

    --
    Tom Rini (TR1265)
    http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/