SubjectRe: [patch] My AMD IDE driver, v2.7
Hi!

> > > You may happen to have the numbers, though - that should be enough.
> > >
> > > Btw, I have a CMD640B based PCI card lying around here, but never
> > > managed to get it generate any interrupts, though the rest seems to be
> > > working.
> >
> > Attach it to the timer interrupt -- that should do it for testing. Simplest
> > way is to make ide timeouts HZ/100 and killing "lost interrupt" msg ;-).
>
> Well, it seems like we'll have to something like this anyway. Some chips
> sometimes forget to assert the IRQ after a transfer due to HW bugs, and
> some PIIX3s are reported to do it quite often.

What is "quite often"? Unless it is more than once in a hour, current
code is just okay... (It waits for timeout, which is about 30 sec?,
then recovers).
Pavel
--
(about SSSCA) "I don't say this lightly. However, I really think that the U.S.
no longer is classifiable as a democracy, but rather as a plutocracy." --hpa