SubjectRe: 2.4.19pre2aa1
On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 wli@holomorphy.com wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 02:06:48PM -0500, Richard B. Johnson wrote:
> > [SNIPPED..]
>
> Nice move. No one will have the foggiest idea without hunting for
> my prior message whether your comments on what I said are accurate.
>

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 02:06:48PM -0500, Richard B. Johnson wrote:
> > You might want to look at www.eece.unm.edu/faculty/heileman/hash/hash.html
> > rather than assuming everyone is uninformed. Source-code is provided
> > for several hashing functions as well as source-code for tests. This
> > is a relatively old reference although it addresses both the chaos
> > and fractal methods discussed here, plus chaotic probe strategies
> > in address hashing.
>
> You've presented a paper that attempts to establish a connection
> between chaos theory and hashing by open addressing. I'm not convinced
> chaos theory is all that, but some of their measurement techniques
> appear useful, and I'll probably try using them, despite the fact Linux
> appears to favor hashing by separate chaining.
>
> This URL has not convinced me you are informed, and I don't really want
> to be convinced whether you're informed or not. Your contributions to
> these threads have been far less than enlightening or helpful thus far.

[SNIPPED rest of diatribe...]

Listen you incompetent amoeba. I attempted to tell you in a nice
way that your apparent mastery of technical mumbo-jumbo will be
detected by many who have actual knowledge and expertise in the
area in which you pretend to be competent.

That said, have a nice day.

Dick Johnson

Windows-2000/Professional isn't.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.439 / U:0.032 seconds]