    SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.19-pre3

    On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Andre Hedrick wrote:

    > Jens,
    >
    > Please try again because that is not the real problem.
    > All you have shown is that we disagree on the method of page walking
    > between BLOCK v/s IOCTL. This is very minor and I agreed that it is
    > reasonable to map the IOCTL buffer in to BH or BIO so this is a net zero
    > of negative point.
    >
    > How about attempting to describe the differences between the atomic and
    > what is violated by who and where.

    Andre,

    Jens just described what can be violated:

    "First of all, rq->buffer cannot be indexed for the entire nr_sectors
    range -- it's per definition only the first segment in the request, and
    can as such only be indexed within the first current_nr_sectors number of
    sectors. The above can be grossly out of range..."

    Can you tell me why his is wrong ?

    BTW, I just checked 2.5 and it seems to be the similar (on the non-BIO
    case).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.023 / U:1.256 seconds]