SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.19-pre3

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Andre Hedrick wrote:

> Jens,
>
> Please try again because that is not the real problem.
> All you have shown is that we disagree on the method of page walking
> between BLOCK v/s IOCTL. This is very minor and I agreed that it is
> reasonable to map the IOCTL buffer in to BH or BIO so this is a net zero
> of negative point.
>
> How about attempting to describe the differences between the atomic and
> what is violated by who and where.

Andre,

Jens just described what can be violated:

"First of all, rq->buffer cannot be indexed for the entire nr_sectors
range -- it's per definition only the first segment in the request, and
can as such only be indexed within the first current_nr_sectors number of
sectors. The above can be grossly out of range..."
Can you tell me why his is wrong ?

BTW, I just checked 2.5 and it seems to be the similar (on the non-BIO
case).

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans