SubjectRe: [patch] My AMD IDE driver, v2.7
> Yeah, you can still bit-bang with the current implementation, on that
> capability. Couldn't that be cured with s/CAP_SYS_RAWIO/some new
> CAP_DEVICE_CMD/ for the raw device command interface?

By uploading new firmware you can make the drive return compromised pages
from swap which make an existing RAWIO application do what you want

- so CAP_DEVICE_CMD in the IDE case at least is CAP_SYS_RAWIO

> The current implementation needs to be changed anyway :) From "ATA raw
> command" to "device raw command" at the very least.

That assumes a totally generic interface is good - ATA is rather different
to ATAPI/SCSI so it may be best the device interface reflects that.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:21    [W:0.106 / U:0.184 seconds]