    SubjectRe: [patch] My AMD IDE driver, v2.7
    Jeff Garzik wrote:

    > It serves to encourage openness, nobody is forced to use it, and it
    > provides an additional layer of protection for those that choose to use
    > it. That is the point. It's a choice, and you don't have to enable it
    > in your kernel. But there seems to be enough demand that it should be
    > at least an option.

    No there is no real demand out there. There are just people
    arguing over it again and agian on the abstract, without proper
    actual usage examples. and most of the time without
    proper understanding what setuid == 0 is about.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.030 / U:0.336 seconds]