       From: Beezly <>
    Date: 12 Mar 2002 23:11:04 +0000

    Is this normal? - Because it seems the amount of time to recover from a
    hang is inversely proportional to the amount of work it is doing, I am
    able to artificially improve the "uptime" of the card by permanantly
    running a ping -f <host> on the box!!

    What I believe happens is that when the RX overflow condition occurs,
    there will be some packets that will be corrupted as a result.

    I find it really odd that you can reproduce this condition so readily.
    Does it happen under normal usage or do you have to issue a ping flood
    or some other packet intensive job to trigger the problem? Also, are
    you getting Pause enabled on the link consistently?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.021 / U:4.100 seconds]