   From: Beezly <>
Date: 12 Mar 2002 23:11:04 +0000
Is this normal? - Because it seems the amount of time to recover from a
hang is inversely proportional to the amount of work it is doing, I am
able to artificially improve the "uptime" of the card by permanantly
running a ping -f <host> on the box!!

What I believe happens is that when the RX overflow condition occurs,
there will be some packets that will be corrupted as a result.

I find it really odd that you can reproduce this condition so readily.
Does it happen under normal usage or do you have to issue a ping flood
or some other packet intensive job to trigger the problem? Also, are
you getting Pause enabled on the link consistently?