SubjectRe: 2.4.19pre2aa2
On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 03:34:52PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > Only in 2.4.19pre2aa2: 00_amd-viper-7441-guessed-1
> >
> > Let amd74xx recognize the 7441 amd chipset, it works and I needed it
> > mainly to set ->highmem = 1 and to skip the bounce buffers on my
> > desktop. (Tried also mode 5 and it failed, so I #undef __CAN_MODE_5
> > back)
>
> The correct AMD 7441 fixes are in the IDE patch and have been for a few
> months. They were supplied by AMD and work a treat. I don't believe there is
> any reason they require the new IDE infrastructure. They are howeve 32bit
> still so the 64bit IDE will be nice

thanks for the info. I will merge the IDE patch then (with the
additional modification to enable high-IO, that is why I looked into
it). btw, while making that change, I was also wondering that it would
be simpler to enable the highio in the common ide-dma part, rather than
in the chipsets tunings, the highio is completly unrelated to the fact
we compile amd7xxx or viaxxx into the kernel or not. but I didn't made
that change because the amd7xxx driver was working fine for me and also
because of possibly broken chipsets with the 31th bit of the bus address
disconnected, just to stay on the very safe side and not to trigger
hardware (not software) bugs.

Andrea

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:21    [W:1.205 / U:0.992 seconds]