SubjectRe: linux-2.5.4-pre1 - bitkeeper testing
Steven Cole wrote:

>On Monday 11 March 2002 09:08 am, Hans Reiser wrote:
>

>Perhaps others whose VMS experience is more recent than mine can answer this question.
>More generally, if the infrastructure for keeping file versions around is going
>to be generated for other reasons, having the option to have file versions could
>be useful for some people. I certainly remember people who loved that feature,
>but I wasn't one of them.
>
>Steven

I don't use CVS for most papers, proposals, etc,, that I write. If the
version control was turned on with something like a chattr, I would use
it, and emacs could get rid of that damned ~ file that clutters my ls
commands of what should be a listing of only my current version of my
home directory without old versions of files being listed (the disk
space I don't care about, it is the clutter that annoys.)

Hans

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.132 / U:0.656 seconds]