    SubjectRe: 23 second kernel compile (aka which patches help scalibility on NUMA)
    > Martin, I wrote a patch in order to have a kswap daemon per node. Each
    > daemon swaps pages out only from its node. It might be of some interest
    > for your scalability problem, so let me know if you're interested in it (I
    > can't paste it here because it has also some other stuffs in it, and I

    How does this interact with the virtual scanning stuff? I
    was under the impression that we scanned for suitable pages
    on a per-process basis ... so I'm confused as to how you'd
    have a per-node kswapd without rmap's physical scanning
    (unless you assume all processes on a node have all their
    mem on that node). Could you explain?

    > have to split the patch in several parts. I also need to port it to -rmap).

    I'd certainly be interested to see / try it - I think Bill Irwin
    had an implementation of multiple kswapd's for rmap - you might
    want to look at that before you port.

    Thanks,

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:21    [W:0.039 / U:0.660 seconds]