    SubjectRe: SSSCA: We're in trouble now
    > The solution is simple: go and create your own content, and share it
    > with your friends. But you won't get Hollywood movies this way.

    The problem is that copy-protection will only be effective
    if you impose Soviet style restrictions on the use of computers.

    Certain powerful corporations want effective copy-protection.
    Ergo, those powerful corporations will want to impose Soviet
    style restrictions on the use of computers.

    The attempt will ultimately fail. So did the Soviet Union, but
    in the meantime the attempt to make it work was, and will be,
    something of an inconvenience.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.020 / U:30.796 seconds]