SubjectRe: Recommendations on Gigabit Ethernet Cards

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Blue Lang wrote:

> On 1 Mar 2002, Thomas Schenk wrote:
>
> > I am looking for recommendations on which of the gigabit ethernet cards
> > supported by the 2.4.x (x >= 17) kernel I should use. Any guidance
> > based on personal experience would be greatly appreciated. I am looking
> > for recommendation based on performance and stability of the driver.
>
> i've had decent results (excellent performance, occasional light glitches)
> with the broadcom 1000bt copper ethernet cards, in both server and
> workstation use. the only problems i've had with them are related to
> trying to use them with fixed-speed ports attached to cisco switches. if
> you put em all in a rack with a nice GB switch, they kick butt.

These cards are now supported by the new Tigon3-driver. URL and more
information about the driver can be found from mail with subject:

"Subject: [BETA-0.93] Fourth test release of Tigon3 driver"

You can find broadcom5700-chipset at least from 3com 3c996 cards.

Intel's EtherExpress Pro/1000 cards do also have new driver in the
kernel..

- Pasi Kärkkäinen

^
. .
Linux
/ - \
Choice.of.the
.Next.Generation.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.074 / U:0.592 seconds]