SubjectRe: What "module license" applies to public domain code?
> Of course, anyone else would be free to take the code and apply any
> license whatsoever to it, but my concern is simply what MODULE_LICENSE()
> line I can legitimately include, if any.

We have to be careful about this because MODULE_LICENSE("Public domain")
doesn't mean anything if the resulting code is then shipped binary only.
GPL and additional rights is probably closest or even just a

/*
* When linked into the Linux kernel the resulting work is GPL, you
* are however free to use this work under other licenses if you
* so wish. See README.blah
*/

MODULE_LICENSE("GPL"); /* When part of Linux */

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.055 / U:9.312 seconds]