SubjectRe: [patch] VM_IO fixes
Hi,

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Andrew Morton wrote:

> Any filesystem which implements its own mmap() method, and which
> does not call generic_file_mmap() needs to be changed to clear
> VM_IO inside its mmap function. All in-kernel filesystems are
> OK, as is XFS. And the only breakage this can cause to out-of-kernel
> filesystems is failure to include mappings in core files, and
> inability to use PEEKUSR.

You forgot shared memory via mm/shmem.c and ipc/shm.c.
Another possibility is to test whether the driver provides a nopage
function, as i/o areas are usually mapped with io_remap_page_range. The
only exception I found are drivers under drivers/sgi/char, which use some
really dirty tricks in their nopage function.

bye, Roman

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.067 / U:2.448 seconds]