SubjectRe: linux-2.5.4-pre1 - bitkeeper testing

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Roman Zippel wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>
> > However, some of it pays off already. Basically, I'm aiming to be able to
> > accept patches directly from email, with the comments in the email going
> > into the revision control history.
>
> Um, what's so special about it, what a shell script couldn't do as well?

About this particular change-set? Nothing. In fact, most of it is
generated from a shell script before it goes into the BK archive.

The advantage is mainly that (a) you can generate this changeset listing
yourself, and not limit it to the stuff I merged and (b) when the
developers I work with start sending me their bitkeeper merges _as_
bitkeeper merges and we start having the advantage of various tools to
help resolve conflicts.

Linus

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.097 / U:19.980 seconds]