SubjectRe: Kernel compile problem after reboot
Do you have ACPI turned on?  On one of my boxes (admittedly a laptop),
enabling ACPI causes the computer to reboot before more than "Uncompressing
..." is printed. Disabling it causes the laptop to boot and run fine,
although no power management.

Daniel

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 13:24:33 -0800
"J.S.Souza" <jss@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Yes, I did do a 'cp bzImage /boot/vzlinuz-2.4.17'
> I tried the:
> cp bzImage /dev/fd0 && rdev /dev/fd0 /dev/hda5
> to no success. It does the same thing as before, just slower since it's
> from a floppy (reboots the machine). This time I did configure the kernel a
> bit and recompile with still no success. If you have anymore options or
> suggestions, please feel free to pass them on.
> Here's my machine setup since you asked:
>
> Intel 233
> 192 meg Ram
> 10 gb Maxtor HDD (partitioned as hda1:/boot hda5:/ hda?:/swap)
> Intel chipset (PCIset)
>

> Here's my lilo.conf file:
>
> ===============================
> boot = /dev/hda
> message = /boot/boot_message.txt
> prompt
> timeout = 1200
>
> change-rules
> reset
> vga = normal
>
> image = /vmlinuz
> root = /dev/hda5
> label = Linux
> read-only
> image = /vmlinuz-2.4.17
> root = /dev/hda5
> label = Linux-2.4.17
> read-only
>
> It's got to be my configuration or lilo setup (I think) because I can
> install Slackware,Redhat and others on it just fine with their default
> setup. Anyways, please pass on any info you think might help.

---
Recursion n.:
See Recursion.
-- Random Shack Data Processing Dictionary

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.168 / U:0.064 seconds]