SubjectRe: How to check the kernel compile options ?
Date
On Monday 04 February 2002 18:12, David Balazic wrote:

> > > Yes, I am using them.
> > > Now back to my question, how do I found out if option X is set or not ?
> >
> > Check the vendor supplied source package ?
>
> Part of the question was "in 5 minutes". Finding the install CD,
> installing the source package, "checking" it... are more than 5 minutes.
> Compared to checking out the kernel parameters on HP-UX, for example.

What he is saying is that you can't do that, generically. Some options are
available at runtime through /proc, but most are not. You need to check what
happend back at compile time.

-Allan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.109 / U:3.568 seconds]